Search results

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

1. Itsed65

Some photos of my railfanning around the East Bay

I was actually waiting for the Z train coming west when the horns sounded behind me Long Train Coming by lennycarl08, on Flickr I had some company while waiting, but he caught a mouse and flew off White-tailed Kite #105 by lennycarl08, on Flickr The new PCT signals are a lot brighter than...
  2. Itsed65

Wider shot A Train of Two Cities by lennycarl08, on Flickr
  3. Itsed65

Closer to home...oil cans on the bay UP 5278 West at Hercules by lennycarl08, on Flickr
  4. Itsed65

I spend a lot of time up at the Sacramento NWR this time of year, which lies right on the old SP West Valley Line, now used by the California Northern. Fun to see old geeps running long hood forward on the local freights Arrival at Cortina by lennycarl08, on Flickr Southbound Arrival by...
  5. Itsed65

A rare visitor from the north. An EMD to boot! (SD70M-2) Help from the North by lennycarl08, on Flickr
  6. Itsed65

California Northern GP15-1 heading the return run north at Delevan California Not-so Speedy Delivery by lennycarl08, on Flickr
  7. Itsed65

More smoke shots BNSF 3971 West at Glen Frazer by lennycarl08, on Flickr 3971 West at Glen Frazer by lennycarl08, on Flickr Thankfully the rains came over Thanksgiving and drastically improved our air quality. This was shot at 600mm (FF equivalent) from about a mile away. I couldn’t even see...
  8. Itsed65

Trains of Edmonds, Washington

Love that last one Bill!
  9. Itsed65

Still can't breath outside Out of the Smoke by lennycarl08, on Flickr
  10. Itsed65

Here is what our air quality looks like currently, due to the fires 140 miles north of us. The crane and other construction equipment are for work on the bridge over a creek that runs into the bay. The location is a future transit center that will feature a future stop for the Capitol Corridor...
  11. Itsed65

Normally the eastbound corridor trains are in push mode, but there must have been a problem with the charger as it was deadheading at the rear as the train passed through Pinole Pulling the Pusher by lennycarl08, on Flickr
  12. Itsed65

Some magic hour light on this one, with a CSX unit thrown in CSX Help at MP 1175 by lennycarl08, on Flickr BNSF 7708 West by lennycarl08, on Flickr
  13. Itsed65

Me Too! In the meantime, another shot of the empty coal train from our new bridge UP 8038 East at Pinole by lennycarl08, on Flickr
  14. Itsed65

I'd love to but probably not as I just don't have the time to do it right. This time of year there is barely any sunlight in the canyon and it is only there for a couple of hours. It's a 2 hour drive up and back, which leaves very little time to actually shoot in decent light. That and I have a...
  15. Itsed65

GP38-2 still earning its keep, passing through Point Pinole on the way back to Martinez UP 807 by lennycarl08, on Flickr
  16. Itsed65

From my new vantage point Eastbound Juice by lennycarl08, on Flickr
  17. Itsed65

Empty coal drag at Pinole Empty Drag by lennycarl08, on Flickr
  18. Itsed65

The southbound train had a GP15-1 running long hood forward on its run to Cortina Southbound Flyer by lennycarl08, on Flickr
  19. Itsed65

The tomato canneries are running strong and that means plenty of traffic in the Sacramento Valley for the CFNR Canning Time by lennycarl08, on Flickr
  20. Itsed65

From my trip last November to the Klamath basin. While mainly a birding trip, I will be returning there this year, and hope to catch a few trains again. Winter is Coming by lennycarl08, on Flickr

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com