Search results

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

1. Bill Anderson

BNSF 1770 Leads Amtrak 4!

You k now what is it like this time of year up here in the Puget Sound region. Your videos are a nice break from the gloom & doom of the Dark Ages.
  2. Bill Anderson

Trains of Edmonds, Washington

I took the above shots during a brief respite in the rain. I think Edmonds may be in a rain shadow because we don't get as much rain as some areas.
  3. Bill Anderson

Ww are in our seasonal Dark Ages where we can go weeks without seeing the sun. I went down to Sunset Ave. Tuesday afternoon (12-11-18) just to keep from going stir crazy. A Canada bound coal train passed by, which I photographed just for the Omaha Posse. It was much darker, gloomier, and...
  4. Bill Anderson

I like it. It gives the videos a personal touch.
  5. Bill Anderson

Where is the Omaha Posse?

Did anyone get shots of the entire funeral train?
  6. Bill Anderson

Back tracking (pardon the pun) a bit, these shots of a northbound (tt/east) light power hop were taken Tuesday (12-4-18) with the 7DII + 500L telephoto + 2x III teleconverter. I was photographing wildlife at the fishing pier but could not pass up shots of older power.
  7. Bill Anderson

Good catch. I like the on camera intro. Is that you?
  8. Bill Anderson

cab ride on ALCo RSD-16

I like the old semaphore. There are very few remaining in the US.
  9. Bill Anderson

The sun is setting its earliest (4:16pm PST)and southernmost from now through the winter solstice on 12-21-18. Thursday (12-6-18) )my son Daren and I went down to Marina Beach Park to take sunset shots for the calendars I give every year as Christmas gifts to family and friends. While I was...
  10. Bill Anderson

Union Pacific No. 4141 George Bush Locomotive

UP 4141 will pull the first Presidential funeral train in 50 years qnd the eighth in US history.. https://www.yahoo.com/news/presidential-funeral-train-first-nearly-50-years-051341727--politics.html
  11. Bill Anderson

From the Water

Don't feel bad. A big portion of my old photos got wiped out when Bob switched to the new format. You just move on and take more photos.
  12. Bill Anderson

From the Water

Welcome back. Glad to see your photos once again.
  13. Bill Anderson

Where is the Omaha Posse?

Thanks for posting those photos. RIP George Bush.
  14. Bill Anderson

Cumbres & Toltec - #488 At Los Pinos Phone Booth

I like the technique you used at the beginning of the video. You shot from a high elevation while the train was at a distance, then brought the drone down closer to track level as the train got closer.
  15. Bill Anderson

Cumbres & Toltec - #488 At Los Pinos Phone Booth

Your drone shots are getting really good.
  16. Bill Anderson

Canon 1Dx Pro body

This year I purchased a used Canon 4.0/16-35L wide angle zoom and series III 2x teleconverter. My daily lineup is now the following: 5DIII + 500L telephoto + 2x III teleconverter (tripod mpunted) 1Dx + 100-400L II telephoto zoom (handheld) 7DII + 16-35L wide angle zoom (hand held) I really...
  17. Bill Anderson

What do you shoot with? 2018 Edition!

If you have the $$$$, full frame is definitely the way to go up here in the Pacific Northwet. I shoot in low light and my cameras with crop frame sensors do not handle high ISO settings as well as my full frame models.
  18. Bill Anderson

What do you shoot with? 2018 Edition!

I recently purchased a used Canon 2x III teleconverter which replaces the 1.4x III teleconverter I kept attached to my 500L telephoto lens. I traded in my 2x II teleconverter, which I never used because of the "soft" images it produced. I am very happy with the images produced by the 2x III...
  19. Bill Anderson

DOTX 221, a Power Move, and a Geometry Train!

I periodically see track inspection/geometry trains pass through Edmonds. They usually consist of a geometry car + track inspection car. I've never seen one with a hopper behind the engine. Any ideas why it was there? Love the classy looking Pennsylvania style paint scheme of DOTX221. I...

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com