Search results

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

1. montanan

North Coast Limited

When I was growing up we used to take the Northern Pacific North Coast Limited or the Milwaukee Road Hiawatha from Montana to visit relatives in Northern Indiana. In the 50's rail service was so much different to what Amtrack tries to provide. These trips I think I enjoyed more than getting to...
  2. montanan

Virginia & Truckee RR

When we were in Reno, NV for the national championship bowling tournaments we took a trip to Virginia City, NV where the Virginia & truckee has a consolidation running for a tourist train. These bowling tournaments seem to be working out for train rides. The trip isn't too long, but the...
  3. montanan

Milwaukee Road Northern Montana line.

We took a ride on this train a few years ago while attending a bowling tournament in Lewistown, MT. They have some RDC set us a dining cars pulled by a GP7. The train starts out near Lewistown, MT and goes up to Denton, MT and back. Along with a great dinner, they also had some actors performing...

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com