Recent content by UP Wings

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

1. UP Wings

Love it when this happens....

I agree, nice angle with the interesting foreground.
  2. UP Wings

Wellington Video

Thanks for the link and taking the time to do the video! I really enjoyed Vis Major and this really helped put into perspective the location of everything!
  3. UP Wings

Older UP power, Houston area

Those are both built the year I was born, what are you saying? Lol :D Great catches and nice stories to boot!
  4. UP Wings

Drying out on the Seattle Sub

I really like the S curve shots! Thanks for posting them!
  5. UP Wings

Steamtown Ice Train 2011

Amazing images, thanks for posting them!
  6. UP Wings

Panoramas Anyone?

The key is to make sure the train is in only one picture. This is the case with 1 and 3. Then after I take pictures to the right and to the left of the picture with the train in it either before or after the train comes. Like in shot 1, I staged Bradley there before the train got there, he...
  7. UP Wings

Panoramas Anyone?

Went out shooting with Mr. Linda, SSW, yesterday for the first time since May. We didn't see much action, just two movements on the old MKT line, UP's Waco Sub, but ran some model trains to make up for it. When shooting I tried something different. Not only did I take my usual shot but I...
  8. UP Wings

GE seems to be...

The January 2011 Trains Magazine has an article about EMD's place in the locomotive world and is rather interesting read. Opened my eyes to how EMD fell from the lead and where they are today.
  9. UP Wings

A Train Fan from Houston,Tx

Welcome from College Station, Tx
  10. UP Wings

844 West and E9's in Omaha

Very very nice photos Brad! Thanks for posting them!
  11. UP Wings

UP Steam: Vote Now!

Vote wherever you want just use my link :D
  12. UP Wings

UP Steam: Vote Now!

I am currently 7th! Any help would be amazing! http://x.up.com/1393
  13. UP Wings

Houston / College Station Model Railroads Open to Public

Part of my on campus job at A&M is combing the web for news about the university, this leads me to all sorts of other interesting tidbits. Apparently, this weekend is the 6th annual model railroad open house in the Houston (and therefore Bryan / College Station?) area. I have not been able to...
  14. UP Wings

current desktop pics

Here's mine, it changes every 15 min or so but it is currently all of my narrow gauge shots from May. :) As soon as I closed this window, it changed to another one. I never get tired of these shots!

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com