Recent content by stlgevo51

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

1. stlgevo51

Night Railroad Photography

Here's my version: A Perfect Meet at KC Union Station by stlgevo51, on Flickr Yours was taken later than mine since the sky is darker. Personally, I prefer static subjects in night shots: 844 By Nightfall by stlgevo51, on Flickr I have some more from my trip to KC on Memorial Day weekend...
  2. stlgevo51

Comment by 'stlgevo51' in media 'Nickel Plate Local'

Awesome shot. Amazing how much changes in 60 years.
  3. stlgevo51

Comment by 'stlgevo51' in media 'As rare as the Eagle comes'

Incredible. I wish I could catch this.
  4. stlgevo51

Comment by 'stlgevo51' in media 'SD60M at Foley, Missouri'

Lucky catch! I always want to see a matched pair of the Cascade SD60Ms, but I can never get them.
  5. Downtown Peoria

Downtown Peoria

Tazewell and Peoria's SW1500 #1520 pulls a string of cars along the Peoria Riverfront. Downtown Peoria is in the background.
  6. NS at Wentzville

NS at Wentzville

A fast NS intermodal heads through Wentzville, MO, on its way towards Kansas City.
  7. Catching the Mail

Catching the Mail

An Illinois Railway Museum Volunteer is reenacting a mail catch on Memorial Day Weekend. As the mail is kicked to the ground, the hook is swung out and catches the mail on the crane.
  8. Arrow Box Co.

Arrow Box Co.

A UP empty coal train heads west past the Arrow Box Company's sign in Kirkwood, MO.
  9. KCS Holiday Train at Night

KCS Holiday Train at Night

Rudy in Roodhouse! Kansas City Southern's Holiday Express lights up the night and delights kids out to see Santa.
  10. stlgevo51

Comment by 'stlgevo51' in media 'Westbound Glint along Route 66'

Great shot! I love the route 66 sign in the road and the glint. Amazing!
  11. stlgevo51

Comment by 'stlgevo51' in media 'KCS 2856 - Dallas TX'

Great catch with the GWWR.
  12. stlgevo51

Comment by 'stlgevo51' in media 'Annada'

Good shot Bill. I love seeing pictures from areas I railfan.
  13. stlgevo51

Comment by 'stlgevo51' in media 'Hopper Leak at Kamela'

Cool catch, I would be runnin' if I saw that coming at me.
  14. stlgevo51

Comment by 'stlgevo51' in media 'GCRY 29'

Sad how they lost steam. I love the 4960. I never got to see any of there steam power.
  15. stlgevo51

Comment by 'stlgevo51' in media 'Almost There!'

Nice BC rail!

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back