Recent content by SP&SFan

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

1. SP&SFan

The End of an Era - Rayonier Loogging Converts to Diesels

A friend of mine just put out a book on all the logging lines in Washington state.. It is produced thru Morning Sun books.. SP&SFan
  2. SP&SFan

My WA photos

I saw the BNSF 9175 & 5735 come through in Cheney, Washington on June 17th.. BNSF must have swapped power somewhere between Cheney & Everett. It was on that GATX coke train too!!! SP&SFan
  3. SP&SFan

Looking for people to railfan with

Lee, I have heard rumors that 2014's Gorgerail happens to be on the day Mt. Rainier Scenic planned a triple-header... Bob can confirm the date as I don't have it off hand.. SP&SFan
  4. SP&SFan

NS #8114 in Puget Sound area

Yes, hiball is correct.. That is a correct symbol for what you saw Bill.. SP&SFan
  5. SP&SFan

Does anyone know what this rail line is?

Hello new user, It would be the Eastern Washington Gateway that runs thru Davenport, Creston, Almira, and Hartline... The western terminus of the line is Coulee City, Wash. FYI - The line does not connect to Pasco, Wash. currently.. Do you have a full screen of the 1928 NP map?? SP&SFan
  6. SP&SFan

Comment by 'SP&SFan' in media 'Eastbound Passing Cliffs'

Cliffs, Very nice photo of an e/b at Cliffs.. I would like to see Cliff when it was a crew change spot on the old SP&S railway.. SP&SFan
  7. SP&SFan

Comment by 'SP&SFan' in media 'a little old help'

Nice catch Hobo!!! Love an EMD leading a GE product!!!! SP&SFan
  8. SP&SFan

Comment by 'SP&SFan' in media 'Baretable at Wicopee'

Very nice Rob!!
  9. SP&SFan

Comment by 'SP&SFan' in media 'Wicopee, OR'

Nice light and composition of the signal bridge, Rob!!!
  10. SP&SFan

Comment by 'SP&SFan' in media 'Coast Starlight'

Nice Amtrak photo, Todd!!!
  11. SP&SFan

Comment by 'SP&SFan' in media 'Bringing Up The Rear'

Interesting Joe.. Like Jon Bentz sez, it is Amtrak's new way of pulling the Talgo for the future... NOT!!!!!
  12. SP&SFan

Comment by 'SP&SFan' in media 'Top of the Morning'

Nice picture there Joel!!
  13. SP&SFan

Comment by 'SP&SFan' in media 'Spud Turn'

Love the 2 EMD's on the local!!!!
  14. SP&SFan

Comment by 'SP&SFan' in media 'Power Swap at Winton'

Very nice Joel!!!
  15. SP&SFan

Comment by 'SP&SFan' in media 'Officers Special'

Nice shot Kris!!! SP&SFan

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back