Recent content by Sirfoldalot

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

1. MKT Speeder 3.JPG

MKT Speeder 3.JPG

restored by Jeff Clooney
  2. MKT Speeder 1.JPG

MKT Speeder 1.JPG

restored by Jeff Clooney
  3. MKT Speeder 2.JPG

MKT Speeder 2.JPG

restored by Jeff Clooney
  4. Sirfoldalot

CN in Whitecourt, Alberta 2020

BILL -- I remember a pulp/paper mill near some relatives place in Louisiana - You could smell it 20 miles away!
  5. Sirfoldalot

Frisco Forever!

BILL -- That was the "SUNNYLAND" which connected in Memphis with the Kansas City -"Florida Special" ... I forget, at the moment where it terminated in Florida?
  6. Sirfoldalot

Frisco Forever!

Have more, BB, just need to take the time to "dig" them up - and post them?
  7. Sirfoldalot

Frisco Forever!

They also had some Black and Yellow "F's" on those runs as well!
  8. Sirfoldalot

Going to join in with this ... I just realized today that the "map" is just that? 😱 I have been thinking, like Bill, that someone spilled something, or a fire had occurred. That's horrible looking! Who came up with that? I digress back to the early jet age of the passenger a/c when the...
  9. Sirfoldalot

Stir, Stir, Stir? ... Velly,Velly Nice!
  10. Sirfoldalot

Frisco Forever!

Frisco GP50 #3100, one of ten ordered by the Frisco but delivered after the Burlington Northern merger. One of them, #3100, was delivered in Frisco orange and white but the other nine all came in BN green and black. At Memphis on Dec 21, 1980. Kodachrome slide by Steve Forrest
  11. Sirfoldalot

KCS Reports Record Revenues for 1Q20

On Another Note, My first wife and I rode the "Southern Belle" from K.C. to Shreveport about a month before the passenger service was dropped. It was the only "long distance" train ride I was able to make prior to Amtrak. Driving was MUCH faster!
  12. Sirfoldalot

KCS Reports Record Revenues for 1Q20

That's pretty impressive. I remember when the KCS did not have 2 nickels to rub together.
  13. Sirfoldalot

North Coast Limited

Too early in the morning for that music? Made me want to run out the door screaming! Excellent modeling, CHET! Excellent layout too!

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back