Recent content by ShePointsIDig

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)
  1. S

Artistic Photos--lost link.

Several computers ago I followed a photographer who was posting rail photos that included glamorous models in period clothing posing in railroad scenes. Many were on the Cumbres & Toltec Line. The photographer lived somewhere in the southwest. Does anyone remember who this was? I just...
  2. S

Trains of Edmonds, Washington

Apparently BNSF has secret decoder rings to tell which is which. Two cars called "Trinchera Pass." Interesting how short the cars in your photos are. RR Pictures Archive
  3. S

Trains of Edmonds, Washington

More or less midway between Antonito and Amarillo.
  4. S

Some photos of my railfanning around the East Bay

Yeah, but as I've noticed, when you break the rule about backlight you manage to do it when something in the foreground lights the shadow side. Great photo.
  5. S

From the Water

I had a pickup truck like that...
  6. S

From the Water

Wow. Two winners.
  7. S

Trackside access at Tehachapi Loop???

Hit the rong button. Here's what it looks like from the road. Turnout RV Park.
  8. S

As many railfans as go there from all over the world, it would seem some entrepreneur could do something like the RV park at the Folkston Funnel in Georgia.
  9. S

Does anyone know the status of access to the trackside areas of the Loop Ranch at Tehachapi? I lived out that way '99-'01 and spent many weekends there just below Tunnel 10. The photo was taken on Memorial Day 2001; there was a group of Singles RVers from SF Valley and a group of veterans parked...
  10. S

I think they emptied Greenville last evening

Shot at Toccoa, Georgia by the Amtrak station. Total elapsed time was 1H10M. Locomotives 8366 and 4049 dragged two monster manifest trains and 3362 brought up the rear with 20 or 30 more cars. The first photo (8366) is framed differently because just as I sat the tripod out of the truck I heard...
  11. S

Golden Hour Problem...

The problem with rail photography during the Golden Hour: 1) Long shadows across the track. 2) The trains all go the wrong way. Lula, GA on the N-S Greenville sub. Love the new signal bridges.
  12. S

To the great uninitiated--specifically, me--that thing ghosting along with no engine sound would be a little spooky. Like the "Steam Locomotive" I saw on a tourist RR once. I was standing by the track expecting the warm radiated heat coming off the boiler as it passed. Instead I got the thrum of...
  13. S

Soon it will look like old, worn, velvet-covered overstuffed furniture. One of my favorite scenes in the California hills.
  14. S

Rules are made to be broken. ...is an awesome photograph. You could start a thread something like, "From the Wrong Side of the Tracks." The railfan who got me started on rail photography--such that it is--was constantly scoffing at photographs taken from the wrong side of the train...
  15. S

Camping at the Funnel

Not a great photo--too early in the morning--but you get the idea. That's my gold truck in the foreground all tucked in at space 1 #at the Turnout Campground in Folkston. The place doesn't get a lot of ink, but it's in a quiet neighborhood away from grade crossings so you can enjoy the sounds of...

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.