Recent content by RRShutterbug

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

1. RRShutterbug

HELP NEEDED! South American Rail Tour from 1996 Info

Hello, I have been away from the forum for a few years and its good to be back! I recently purchased a slide collection from the estate of a fellow who made several trips to Central & South America in the late 90's and early 2000's. Some of the slide boxes have info sheets that tell where the...
  2. RRShutterbug

Who is the WWR?

While driving through Chehalis, Washington the other day, I stumbled upon this switcher near the old Milwaukee-BN interchange. The reporting marks are WWR #23. Any idea 1) who is the WWR? 2)What is the history of this engine? and 3)Who does the WWR service? Thanks in advance!
  3. RRShutterbug

Casting for a Railroad Superfan TV show

Bet it's "American Foamers"
  4. RRShutterbug

Riding Portland Oregon's MAX system and the streetcar lines

Great series of photos. Only one minor correction... what you labeled as "Golf Jct." is actually Ruby Junction - the eastern maintenance base for the MAX trains. Golf Jct is on the old Portland Traction line in Sellwood, south of Oaks Park.
  5. RRShutterbug

Its official...Weyerhaeuser line is gone

Sad indeed.... sad indeed. :(
  6. RRShutterbug

The best website for railfans

This is it. You're here.
  7. RRShutterbug

Night Railroad Photography

1 - Portland Union Station at Night. 2 - Night Crossing north of Pueblo, Colorado.
  8. RRShutterbug

Hello from Salem,Oregon

Welcome from the Portland area.
  9. RRShutterbug

Wicopee

I believe Joel Ashcroft's website has more info on the wreck. http://spcascades.railfan.net/
  10. Eastbound at Eavan

Eastbound at Eavan

BNSF 736, still in former Santa Fe paint, leads an eastbound stack train out of Vancouver, Washington along the former SP&S Fallbridge Subdivision. Trailing locomotives in the consist are BNSF 980, CN 2581 and CN 2546.
  11. RRShutterbug

Wicked weather on the Chicago Sub

Awesome shot. Love how the steam is just pouring off the top of the engines.
  12. RRShutterbug

NP 2626, the Timken in Portland, 1933

The car almost looks like it may be from the B&O.
  13. RRShutterbug

A fan of the CN SD70M-2

From a photographer's standpoint - give me a SD70ACe or SD70M-2 any day of the year. But from an engineer's standpoint - I'll take a ES44AC over the ACe every time. The SD70's are very rough riding and noisy inside - especially at very low speed. The ES44's have a great smoother ride and are...

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com