Recent content by robertallenschulze

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

1. R

My railroad Block Light. What do you think??

I started a new thread as the previous one is now at 2 pages and getting rather lengthy. (See below : Railroad Lights, what do I have?) I finished the Block Light and it is operational as per the suggestions offered: Top to bottom: Green light, then Amber light, then Amber light flashing, then...
  2. R

(Steam) Locomotive and Tender Defect Chart

I bought this chart from a friend who's father and grandfather worked for the UP in Omaha. It is in very used condition, he wanted $20 and with the frame/glass I'm now at $60 invested. I find it interesting; the Authority involved: "The Railway Educational Bureau, Omaha 2, Nebraska." It...
  3. R

Railroad lights, what do I have?

Just a quick look at my railroad crossing light recently finished. (Block Lights later... Thank you for the good advise)MVI_2144 Bob, Council Bluffs, IA
  4. R

Please tell me more. As of now, the plan was to use what Tom suggested (from above): "Yes. Green on top (steady), Yellow in the middle either flashing or steady and red on the bottom steady. If you are electronically savvy, you could have them sequence thru G, Y flash, Y, R with 1 on at a time...
  5. R

I took the liberty of the 3 separate targets from the Canadian Railway Face Book posting above. I won't be able to space them out as much as is pictured. I want to mount them on a pole similar to the railroad crossing lights I'm working on. Bob, Council Bluffs, IA
  6. R

Sorry for the delay, but I've been working on the block lights. I'm almost to the stage where I need to know how to arrange the lights on a pole. I found a green lens so I plan to put that light unit on top. Amber light next down, and a red at the bottom. Is this correct: Green light on...
  7. R

Thank you for the good information. It's becoming more clear to me. Is there any way this set of three lights was used as a unit? Amber, Amber, and Red are the choices I have. They can not be changed except for on and off. I'm thinking about making new surrounding targets and mounting...
  8. R

Thank you for responding. Having no background in railroading I'm confused as to what a 'block signal' is. Incidentally, I have three of these light units, two have amber inner lenses and one has red. The outside lens of all three is white or better: clear. Is the block signal the multi...
  9. R

Help please. Hope these photo's show up(?) Can you tell me what this is. A woman sold them to me saying her husband worked for railroad and had this. I've got $10 in it and I'm curious? Thanks,Bob

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back