Recent content by rgcx

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

1. rgcx

Comment by 'rgcx' in media 'Alco C-628 in the evening sun'

Stunning view of SP westbound coming into Rocklin CA
  2. rgcx

Comment by 'rgcx' in media 'Alco demonstrator'

Another great photo of an SP Eastbound working uphill between Rocklin and Penryn CA
  3. rgcx

Comment by 'rgcx' in media 'Last man standing'

Wonderful shot of SP Eastbound near Sierra College Blvd (which had yet to be built over the tunnel)
  4. rgcx

Comment by 'rgcx' in media 'An angry crew and the Dispatcher'

Interesting update.
  5. rgcx

Comment by 'rgcx' in media 'Yakima Crossing'

Love the fall color!
  6. Rolling 'on the former Texas Mexican

Rolling 'on the former Texas Mexican

KCS 4049 East leads a manifest on the former Tex Mex line near Realitos (TX) 4-28-18
  7. Running Long Hood Forward

Running Long Hood Forward

UP 5073 runs with the long hood forward to Olmito (TX) yard. 3-10-18
  8. rgcx

Comment by 'rgcx' in media 'Sunset Route Westman'

Excellent Espee!
  9. Back at Home in Rio Grande City

Back at Home in Rio Grande City

After being stranded for nearly 3 months due to a trestle fire; Border Pacific 98 spends its first weekend in its home town. The burned out trestle was replaced by a fill. BOP is not a common carrier and exists to haul aggregates for its own needs. However, it provides ballast for nearby...
  10. rgcx

Greetings from Dallas!

A big welcome aboard! Looking forward to seeing some of your great rolling hills shots that you do so well. Cheers from Randy from McAllen aka the almost train-less challenged area of the state
  11. rgcx

New Rail Line in South Texas

It's now in service as of 8-7-15 Well, UP is officially using the new line as of Aug 7, 2015. I caught a train heading to Mexico the following day. UP stated that the line will alleviate the city of Brownsville the burden of being bothered by excessive train delays (a whopping 6 trains a day)...
  12. Going to the McAllen Trade Zone

Going to the McAllen Trade Zone

RVSC 1744 rolls a mix of gons and tankers as it follows the former Mo-Pac branch to a large industrial park known as the trade zone
  13. rgcx

Comment by 'rgcx' in media 'DPUs passing by'

Love the sky.
  14. rgcx

The WP disappeared way too quickly for me as I was only 10 at the merger. It prompted me to pay more attention to the surviving rolling stock. I am thankful that I was able to see a bunch of WP cars in Texas and get some shots. Yes come to South Texas for bird watching as they'll accommodate...
  15. rgcx

The actual bridge with lights and a lot of fencing. Also customs inspection station.

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back