Recent content by Rattie

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

1. R

K36 Locomotives #487 & #489 Doubleheading at Windy Point, Co.

Windy Point at over 10,000 feet, is one of the most scenic places on the 64 miles long Cumbres & Toltec Scenic Railroad. In late September and early October each year, the Aspens put on a colourful, fantastic show for visitors as they slowly go from green to golden before dropping their leaves...
  2. R

Cumbres & Toltec - #488 At Los Pinos Phone Booth

It is a technique my filming parter and I have developed over the last two years. You can see further examples on other videos that we have done and posted on this forum. Cumbres & Toltec - From The Air is a good example.
  3. R

Thank you. More coming soon from the the batch we filmed in September/October this year.
  4. R

Filmed in late September 2018 in the Los Pinos Valley on a section of the Cumbres & Toltec Scenic Railroad that doesn't get a lot of coverage. The problem is access. There is only one dirt road anywhere near. The booth now just a wee bit dilapidated and unused was moved to this site around 1923.
  5. R

Steam in the Snow

I know. Clips/files might be a better words.
  6. R

Steam in the Snow

Cumbres & Toltec Scenic Railroad train 216 doubleheaded by locomotives #488 and #487 on a snowy October 8th 2018 as they pass Coxo crossing and round Windy Point on the run from Chama, NM to Antonito, CO.
  7. Doubleheader Steam In The Snow

Doubleheader Steam In The Snow

Cumbres & Toltec Scenic Railroad train 216 doubleheaded by locomotives #488 and #487 on a snowy October 8th 2018 as they pass Coxo crossing and round Windy P...
  8. R

D&RGW K27 463 on Cumbres & Toltec work train

For more C&TSRR clips just search for Three Foot Films in YouTube
  9. R

Cumbres & Toltec - Flanger Train

For more C&TSRR clips just search for Three Foot Films in YouTube
  10. R

Cumbres & Toltec - From The Air

I wish I could afford to hire a helicopter, none the less an interesting question. Over the month I was in New Mexico last September early October, my views changed. The first footage I filmed was the normal miles in the air stuff, but slowly I realised there was so much more that could be...
  11. R

Cumbres & Toltec - From The Air

The title pretty much says it all. - After many years of line side filming the first efforts with a drone. Gosh, Cumbres & Toltec country is spectacular. Make sure you watch all the way to the end - It's only 5 minutes long - for a clip that didn't go so well.
  12. R

Cumbres & Toltec - Fall Freight

On 4th October 2016 the Cumbres & Toltec Scenic Railroad ran a recreation of a 1940 livestock steam powered freight train.
  13. R

D&RGW #315 Freight to Cumbres

Originally built for the Florence and Cripple Creek Railroad by Baldwin Locomotive Works in 1895. The loco was retired in 1949 and spent many years on display in a park in Durango, Co. The Durango Railroad Historical Society began restoration work in March 2001 and #315 moved under its own...
  14. R

Cumbres & Toltec - Lobato Meet

Filmed on October 4 2017. D&RGW #463 nicknamed the Mudhen having pulled into Lobato siding, waits for class K36 #484 at the head of the daily train from Antonito Co. to Chama Nm. to pass.

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back