Recent content by otlocal

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)
  1. otlocal

Remember when there was freight on the Coast?

I do remember the Coast line,when the 373 and 376 used to haul a** out of San Jose in the afternoon,with 3or 4 brand new U-25B's on the point and arrive in Taylor Yard,(LA) the next morning.Those where good times indeed......Thanks, Sam
  2. otlocal

RailFanning urban Seattle

what are the the ball of light at frames 352 and 442 that seem to come from knowhere.I know there are birds in the video,but i watched this a bunch of times,and they don't look, act or fly like birds,and to me it dosen't appear to be a video anomolly.
  3. otlocal

CN GRAINER N/B OT Sub

CN grain train N/B with CN2260/2586,out of BEND,OR,about 20:30,snuck by me:mad:
  4. otlocal

UPY2005 - Railroad Days

It does look like a C-415(UPY 2005),of all the crazy new "eco"friendly designs to come along this ones a keeper.
  5. otlocal

UP 7912 Fresh Paint No Flag

I kinda like it with no flag, (i think?)i'd like to see a few more pictures of them.
  6. otlocal

Comment by 'otlocal' in media 'WB Potash at Marshall, WA'

l like this one,the blank face are knida nice
  7. otlocal

Comment by 'otlocal' in media '005_5'

She's been scraped or sold,sorry i didn't get to your question sooner.
  8. otlocal

Wishram Fire

Cliff's/Thanks for the pix!...Really explains it perfectly..D/OT
  9. otlocal

Wishram Fire

Fire in,or near Wishram, Wa.,burning at this time don't know how close it is to rail yard,but i wonder if they will man their ,Command Center caboose and go after it.:eek:
  10. otlocal

Up 6936

Those guys in the Theatre car don't look very happy,if they where on the ground,i'd probably drop my camera and start running.
  11. otlocal

6936 Centennial West

I like it to,heck as a matter of fact,i'll take anything in the ""DD"style.Heck of a shot!
  12. otlocal

3x CN SD75I on empty grainer on BNSF OT Sub.

There's also a VAN/KIN,that is a grainer that runs down the OT,GATEWAY Subs,and south,it was mentioned in a thread,here somewhere.If I hear about about any of these guys,i'll give a heads up.
  13. otlocal

Mining/RR Findings in the CA Sierra Nevada's

Don't know, i don't think it's from a CAT,or similar machine, it pretty old i think,because if you are correct about it being a casting,and not a forging,that would make it rather old altleast 60 years or more./..D/OT
  14. otlocal

Mining/RR Findings in the CA Sierra Nevada's

That's a tooth from a digging machine,don't know about the rail.
  15. otlocal

UP 7200 east w/FXE 4601

I like the 8118,looks alittle blank on the front, but i kinda like it like that.

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.