Recent content by mille-ryan

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

1. mille-ryan

UP 4010 at Portland Union Station

Thats called being dirty man. If its clean it just got changed...trust me.
  2. mille-ryan

Union Pacific Hiring Practices

LOL true but Im pretty sure if you have over 20 years in being an ahole seems like a god given right. Its crazy how little we work together or help one another because of the horrible attitudes out there.
  3. mille-ryan

Nuke/Radio Active train west bound in NE !!

Yea this was way diff than before. Last time it was to huge conainment cylinders like this set up http://www.barraclou.com/rail/cars/dodx_hinkle03.jpg Todays train was 2 different style large rectangle cases, then one car had some pretty large valving of some sort. Kickin myself for not...
  4. mille-ryan

Nuke/Radio Active train west bound in NE !!

Was leaving work this morning at 8am and saw a rather cool short train rollin in on the west main. I worked a train sorta like this one a month ago, which has a caboose that you dont approach ( armed guards on board). Well this train today was a single leader, the caboose and about 3 or 4 all...
  5. mille-ryan

Yup april but like the rest of the rules, only apply when they have nothing else to pick on. The chew is as nasty as the ciggs, we have a manager who spits all over the ramps and then wants us all to care and take pride, clean ,clean clean,......but I dont think he even relizes he spits that...
  6. mille-ryan

Little tip, you need to give the answers they wanna here not what you think is right or true...sad too say it but its true. I wish they would follow through with the all high and mighty no smoking policy....its a damn joke out here, units,trucks ( brand new ones too),shops all smell like smoke...
  7. mille-ryan

Onboard the UP 50th Anniversary Train

Great pics, bet it was a good time, Id love to be able to do it with my kids. The photo labled east of North Platte is Brady ,NE...has a nice walking bridge going over the mainlines. The other one downtown that was rail grinding train?, yea its a grinder, nasty dirty grinder. It comes...
  8. mille-ryan

Time to say hi

Man that sucks, dont you have a director of the shop? or is that who wont let ya go. Ours was very cool and was understanding.
  9. mille-ryan

The wind train (large pic)

Yea off the Interstate west of Salida is covered with them. I know up in Wyoming they are putting in a wind farm near glenrock and also down by evanston.
  10. mille-ryan

Comment by 'mille-ryan' in media 'Meet'

Thats a great shot
  11. mille-ryan

BNSF GRDA Coal with a EMD SD70ACE On the Lead

Looks like a good spot to pick up ties for home projects,lol.
  12. mille-ryan

Time to say hi

Hey Wrench you could always go up to Havre,MT....BNSF opened jobs for MAchinists there, looks to be real dam close to Canada..little too cold for my wifes blood.
  13. mille-ryan

Comment by 'mille-ryan' in media 'MG_9206_BNSF_GRAIN_MARK_DABLING_ROAD_COLORADO_SPRINGS'

Like it ... Is that where the tracks run near the interstate? I used to live in the Springs and sorta do again via a long commute.
  14. mille-ryan

MOW Picture Gallery

Some nice pics there.

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com