Recent content by Mike

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

1. UP 4920 north at Crale

UP 4920 north at Crale

A northbound mixed freight passes the siding of Crale on the UP Cascade Subdivison in Oregon.
  2. UP 4920 north at Westfir

UP 4920 north at Westfir

A northbound mixed freight crosses the North Fork of the Willamette River at Westfir, Oregon.
  3. UP 580 North at Crescent Lake

UP 580 North at Crescent Lake

On December 14, 2000 UP 580 and flanger SPMW 329 have just turned on the wye at Crescent Lake, Oregon, and are headed back north to Oakridge.
  4. Mike

Comment by 'Mike' in media '8705 west'

Love those SD45 bodies in Speed Lettering.
  5. Mike

Comment by 'Mike' in media 'The Road to nowhere'

I spent some time doing some long road marches in that area. Never would have guessed that the Freedom Train ever took that route.
  6. Mike

Comment by 'Mike' in media 'A1'

The train is never going to make that yellow light. :D Very cool to see a military train doing some street running.
  7. Mike

Comment by 'Mike' in media 'The Crypt Keeper'

Looks to me like they're already M1A2s. The tower on the far side of the turret (to the right in the picture) is the CITV, the main visible feature of the A2. Nice shot, either way.
  8. Mike

Comment by 'Mike' in media 'Merry Christmas!'

Merry Christmas, Bob. Thanks for a great site.
  9. Mike

Comment by 'Mike' in media 'Westbound CSX V980-18 in the Snow II'

Good picture of some beautiful engines.
  10. Mike

Comment by 'Mike' in media 'Warbonnet Dash-9's on the Needles Sub.'

Warbonnets were made for the desert.
  11. Mike

Comment by 'Mike' in media 'Reshui Bridge'

Awesome shot.
  12. Mike

Comment by 'Mike' in media 'SP 3879'

Freakin sweet.
  13. Mike

Comment by 'Mike' in media 'NS 36A'

Great shot. Was it pure luck to be in the right place at the right time, or did you know that train was coming and set up just for this shot?
  14. Mike

Comment by 'Mike' in media 'High and Wide'

It's odd that it's considered a high/wide. I've seen combines in regular freight trains several times.
  15. Mike

Comment by 'Mike' in media 'UP 5605 as art'

I wish I could make images like that.

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back