Recent content by Mascorailbuff

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

1. Mascorailbuff

GorgeRail 2013

Transcon Holiday My GorgeRail slideshow is on the YouTubes: CWj6KpjUSeY
  2. Streaking Daggett

Streaking Daggett

Cars proceed after an eastbound DPU clears and the gates lift At "A" Street.
  3. Along Summit Valley Road

Along Summit Valley Road

MBARSDG124A Lugo, CA (Hesperia) rumbling toward a descent of Cajon.
  4. Hauling Logs

Hauling Logs

Brakeman Nick and engineer Jerry on the head-end today.
  5. Workin' on a Sunday

Workin' on a Sunday

The boys stoke the stove in the Gibson Speeder and bring it off the rip track in preparation for an early morning project to clear the ROW of downed trees and debris resulting from the ice storm which hit the area during the past week. Sunday work means extra pay, but today they could be in for...
  6. Working the Log Dock

Working the Log Dock

Shelton, WA loading logs in the bunker cars from the bay. Brandon (standing) guides Jerry in the crane (above). Dave is in the cab. The parked MOW is Simpson's Gibson speeder.
  7. Deep Woods

Deep Woods

In October, leaves are beginning to litter the forest floor and a Simpson train is returning down hill through the deep woods west of Shelton, WA.
  8. Mascorailbuff

Beside Myself

"Let your conscience be your guide"
  9. A Nooner

A Nooner

Nearly at North Dalles, WA from an access road overpass next to RT 197 looking east. A Fall nooner is different than a summer nooner!
  10. Logs in Fog

Logs in Fog

A foggy mid morning provides a ghostly atmosphere for this morning's Simpson run to Mill 5. The 1201 has around 40 log cars in tow with two engines pushing on the rear. (edit: new crop submitted 12/07/2011)
  11. Mascorailbuff

Summer Solstice in Eastern WA 2011

Got a couple of feature presentations up on the internets if you have the time: The Eastern Washington Gateway (I may have shared this previously): 7d-WySZj27A and a one hour video on the Lakeside Sub. Keystone, Tokio, Essig, Lind, Providence, Beatrice, etc which I've just put up...
  12. Mascorailbuff

Simpson RR - Day in the Life

I have a couple new videos documenting operations on the Simpson Railroad both are "from the cab" perspectives. "First Things First" shows the beginning of the workday where the guys start up the engine and begin the day with some switching before heading out to Mill 5: FVovCslbvFw...
  13. Mascorailbuff

Gloomy Stevens Pass

great photo essay, Ted!
  14. A Diamond in the Rough

A Diamond in the Rough

Florida East Coast 424 hits the diamond at the Simpson main. The old Gibson speeder was assigned to the section crew replacing ties along the creek. The GP40 has been working on the PSAP for over one year now.
  15. Mascorailbuff

A day long chase of the EWG

Thanks, guys! Glad to share. I love short-line railroading. For those not familiar with the soundtrack intro, it's Paul Butterfield's "East West" (Mike Bloomfield, guitar) from which I grabbed the title name, seemed to fit nicely. I edited over an hour and a half of footage and maybe later I...

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com