Recent content by martin burwash

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

1. M

BNSF track projects, WA State 2014

Interesting about the English siding project. I know one of the farmers real well, but he actually leases a little bit of the land from the BNSF on the far north end.
  2. M

GorgeRail 2013

For those interested, here's a link to the show I presented. Big thanks goes to Steve Carter for all his help in putting it together. http://www.photodex.com/share/ottercove/kpk2pmg4
  3. M

BC Rail as a BNSF DPU

Caught these two shots of a BC Rail engine working as a DPU on a BNSFeastbound stack train at Lowell, WA, (Everett). Martin Burwash
  4. M

Big Power on a Local

This shot might not be all that rare...another 60M just went out the Annie branch on the switch this morning. Martin Burwash
  5. M

Big Power on a Local

Taken a few weeks back, a lone SD 60M works a local job out the Anacortes Branch. Switching done for the time being, the short train awaits a new crew at Fredonia, WA. (Would post color shots of this and the crude oil trains, but I can't figure out how to get my camera out of gray scale...
  6. M

Dakota Crude In WA

Another View Another view of one of the BNSF crude oil trains going out the Anacortes Branch, halfway between Burlington and Fredonia. Martin Burwash
  7. M

Dakota Crude In WA

Barge gravel reload facility.... MB
  8. M

Dakota Crude In WA

Here's one of the BNSF crude oil unit trains crossing the Swinomish Slough swing bridge on the last leg of the trip to the refineries near Anacortes, WA
  9. M

Interesting Talgo on B'ham Sub 11/27

An empty Talgo was traveling south on the B'ham sub this morning. Went by Fir/Conway at about 7:15. Had an Amtrak engine on the point, the cars were totally empty of passengers and personale, no locomotive/power car on the rear. Was moving closer to freight train speed, maybe even a bit...
  10. M

All Time Favorite Photo

Hyak, WA, Feb. 1971 Martin Burwash
  11. M

All Time Favorite Photo

All Time Favorite Hands down, fav pic I've ever taken. Martin Burwash
  12. M

SD 60M on the Aniie Branch

BNSF north end fans: a single green/white face BNSF SD 60M is out switching Fredonia on the Anacortes Branch this morning...11/20. Martin Burwash
  13. M

Tesoro, Anacortes WA unit oil trains

BTW....general observation for those who might want to photograph one of these trains....empties tend to go south in the AM...going through Mt. Vernon just ahead of or following the passenger trains often times. I don't see the loads go out too often, although one went out last Saturday...
  14. M

Stampede Pass Diary

Actually, this one was taken later.....on a solo trip, Wes. The ones I took with you are on 35mm negs. Remember, that night the moon kept ducking in and out of clouds, and as a result, the moon was shining as the train rounded the loop and hid when the train came out of Tunnel 4. The resulting...
  15. M

Stampede Pass Diary

Borup/Tunnel 4 at Night This shot(s) was taken some years back. It is actually two 6x7 negatives merged together showing an eastbound train rounding Borup Loop to the right, then exiting Tunnel 4 on the left. I merged them in the darkroom once, but credit Ross Fotheringham for producing...

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com