Recent content by Jon Bentz

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

1. Jon Bentz

Comment by 'Jon Bentz' in media 'CNRW Decatur-Peoria Ill. local'

Nice shot - GTW 5847 is an ex-PL&E unit.
  2. Jon Bentz

Comment by 'Jon Bentz' in media 'E22A'

Milwaukee Road Olympian leaving Seattle, Washington. I would be nice if folks would bother to include a description when they post images.
  3. Jon Bentz

Boxcars

Yikes!!!
  4. Jon Bentz

Boxcars

Some really old stuff........just like me.:D 1. Former GN express boxcar in MOW service near Sultan, WA. 2008. 2. Former GN 40' boxcar in MOW service at Centralia, WA. 2005. 3. CP round roof boxcar converted to bunk car at Mission, BC. 1985. 4. Former GN wood sheathed box car converted to...
  5. Jon Bentz

Comment by 'Jon Bentz' in media 'Utah Railway'

Very nice Henry!
  6. Jon Bentz

Comment by 'Jon Bentz' in media 'NS'S Alabama Division Birmingham East District'

Henry - I'm sure the image is sharp. I think the problem is in re-sizing. Try sizing your image to 96 pixels per inch and a width of 10". Then do a 'save as' and chose a jpeg quality level of around 10. Should post just find. Nice shot.
  7. Jon Bentz

Comment by 'Jon Bentz' in media 'MILW E-2 1-B-D-D-B-1'

It's a 1-B-D-D-B-1
  8. Jon Bentz

Comment by 'Jon Bentz' in media 'Mt Gibson Mining'

Good to see you posting again. I enjoy Australian style railroading, although I still can't get used to the off-center look of these locos.
  9. Jon Bentz

Comment by 'Jon Bentz' in media 'CB&Q Calf.Zephyr'

Very nice shot Dave.
  10. Jon Bentz

Comment by 'Jon Bentz' in media 'Nice Consist'

Is that your outstanding field that you're standing in?
  11. Jon Bentz

Comment by 'Jon Bentz' in media 'P2508'

Is this a license built unit or all Australian design?
  12. Jon Bentz

Comment by 'Jon Bentz' in media '9511'

It is ironic seeing an ex-Rio Grande unit converted to narrow gauge. Keep up the posts, I enjoy seeing Brazilian railroading.
  13. Jon Bentz

C&O boiler explosion details?

Here's a link to an explosion in 1936. A C&O Mallet involved this time. I don't know the wheel arrangement but the C&O had lots of 2-6-6-2's in service around Beckley WV where this occured.
  14. Jon Bentz

C&O boiler explosion details?

A C&O H8 Allegheny had a catastrophic crown sheet boiler explosion at Hinton WV in June 1953. The force of the explosion tore the boiler from the frame killing the three man crew and tossing the boiler end of end ahead of the remains of the locomotive. I haven't been able to find anything about...

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back