Recent content by jkinzel

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)
  1. jkinzel

From the Water

I believe the engine in the middle is having some sort of identity crisis. Shot 5/7/2019 at East Mary Hill on the Wishram Sub.
  2. jkinzel

From the Water

Thank you, Bill and a happy New Year to you.
  3. jkinzel

From the Water

It is the last day of the year, so I ventured out to see what I could find. Coast Starlight This coal train went into emergency in the Point Defiance tunnel trapping trains 11 and 502 on either side for about 30 to 40 minutes. 502 BNSF 6984, 3148 and 268. UP mixed intermodal and...
  4. jkinzel

Trains of Edmonds, Washington

Nice shots Bill. Did you venture out today? We have 1.37in of rain as of 1800 here on Fox Island.
  5. jkinzel

From the Water

Hi Bill. I'm glad my photos are back, not pleased with the hideous water mark, but I'll get over it. I didn't see much point in posting more photos to the thread with the others gone, but now I'll start adding.
  6. jkinzel

What do you shoot with? 2018 Edition!

My gear for the past 8 years: Nikon D90 Nikkor 18-105mm Nikkor 55-300mm Sigma 10-20mm Last month I upgraded: Nikon D7200 Nikkor 16-80mm f/2.8-4E Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G I have not had the time or weather to really play with my new gear.
  7. jkinzel

From the Water

My pictures are back. Ha, it appears Photobucket's attempt at extortion didn't pan out too well. I may start posting now that this thread makes sense again, it was pointless without photos. Still retired and enjoying it and still going to the tracks when I can. Some recent shots.
  8. jkinzel

Some photos of my railfanning around the East Bay

We have a lot of trains up here in the PNW Art. One minor detail, taken from records at my house. In February we had 6 days "with out" rain or rain/snow mix and in March we had 5 days "with out" rain. Assuming: of the total of 11 days with out rain, 50% were overcast at best, that leaves you...
  9. jkinzel

Some photos of my railfanning around the East Bay

I really like the hawk photo, that is a great pic. Regards,
  10. jkinzel

From the Water

Does it have to be a statue?
  11. jkinzel

From the Water

A Day at the Tracks. I went to Mc Carver Street in Tacoma today on the hopes of a sunny day and while not perfect, the 15 trains in four hours was a pleasant surprise. This is one of four northbound grain trains. The Everett to Vancouver had an interesting consist: A ES44AC, two SD60M's and...
  12. jkinzel

From the Water

Yes, I'm still around. We spent most of the summer doing a remodel that was planned for about 18 months from now, but a very small water leak in the wall of the laundry room moved things up. Needless to say trains were not on the to do list. In October we did take a trip to Morro Bay CA and...
  13. jkinzel

From the Water

Bill, Yes, it's been a while. Tide does play a part in some inbound ships and most outbound. Most departing ships are loaded and want to have as much water under them when they depart as Olympia is a relatively shallow port compared to Seattle and Tacoma. It also gives them the advantage of...
  14. jkinzel

From the Water

Art, No thank you, I can get in enough trouble on my own. Thanks for the kind words. I'm gong to have to try and get to this spot in the Fall when the leaves are changing.
  15. jkinzel

From the Water

I'm still around, just not getting the track time I had hoped for. On Wednesday the wife told me to go to the tracks relax, needless to say I didn't question her sanity and did as I was told. BNSF 9141 leads a NB grain train past the Titlow Water Park. A pair of SD60M's in almost pristine BN...

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.