Recent content by dw_trainPhotoguy

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)
  1. D

Comment by 'dw_trainPhotoguy' in media 'CN Tank Train'

very nice. Looks like a long lens shot...........am i right?
  2. D

Comment by 'dw_trainPhotoguy' in media 'CN 852 Grandview'

wow..........I'm cold just looking at it. Very nice.
  3. D

Comment by 'dw_trainPhotoguy' in media 'On the Move'

thanks jeff.......I reallly like the muted colors of this shot.
  4. D

What are your thoughts on this shot?

I like it. Nice and sharp, good light, good color balance. My only suggestion would be to crop out more of the top. The wires don't add anything in my opinion.
  5. D

Black and White or Color for fog shot

I like the black and white because it seems to me to fit the scene better........the colors are already muted and the black and white brings out the shapes, highlights and shadows nicely. It's all subjective.......maybe at another time I'd prefer the color. Good catch either way.
  6. D

Whatcha Think? Exposure Difficulty

always use manual if you can. You won't have to deal with issues like the lights changing your meter.
  7. D

My first experiments with an DSLR

All that I would add is to avoid auto ISO because you usually want to use the lowest ISO you can for a scene to get the best quality. Avoid auto white balance unless you shoot RAW files. The white balance can be tweaked much better on a raw file then a Jpeg or Tiff. Shoot Raw for the best...
  8. Passing in the evening

Passing in the evening

2 tank trains passing by in the evening
  9. On the Move

On the Move

Long exposure of freight near Galena Illinois
  10. Power of Five

Power of Five

BNSF in Joliet Illinois
  11. DME and CP in Clinton IA

DME and CP in Clinton IA

Pleasantly surprised when this came around.
  12. DSP4005_w_usm

DSP4005_w_usm

Union Pacific in Iowa
  13. DSP2055_01color

DSP2055_01color

Union Pacific line in Elmhurst, IL.
  14. Back on Track:Quincy Bound

Back on Track:Quincy Bound

Zephyr Excursion Train
  15. DSP0503moon_HDR

DSP0503moon_HDR

A late fall day at the IRM. Perfect weather. I was walking around with another photograper,concentating on shooting macro work. This scene just caught my eye and I had to try to make it work. Let me know what you think.

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.