Recent content by cp1400

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)
  1. cp1400

Foriegn Road Power in Canada Feb 14

Then up on the former BC Rail word came that one of CN's recently acquired ex-EMD Demonstrator SD70Ace's was leading a very late southbound train 570 to Squamish. Delays in getting out of Lillooet resulted in train 570 arriving in Squamish at 16:56 which is eight to ten hours later than normal...
  2. cp1400

Foriegn Road Power in Canada Feb 14

On Friday Feb 14 BNSF Lake Yard (Portland, Or) to Thornton Yard (Surrey, BC) had Norfolk Southern Heritage painted GE ES44AC #8105 as second in consist. This is the first such sighting of one of Norfolk Southern's heritage locomotives coming to the Vancouver BC area. The 8105 is painted in an...
  3. cp1400

Major Slide on CN in Fraser Canyon

The Cisco connection is no use for this slide. Cisco is five miles east of this location so trains off CP on to CN would still be blocked. All through traffic has to run the full 157 miles on CP between Nepa (near Ashcroft) to Mission Jct. cp1400
  4. cp1400

The only evidence I could uncover regarding the slide in the Thompson Canyon was this work being done near MP 91 between Morris and Lasha. cp1400
  5. cp1400

Here are four more. cp1400
  6. cp1400

CN suffered two slides on their Ashcroft Sub last Saturday Nov 24. One was relatively minor except that it hit a passing train and derailed a few cars. It was cleared relatively quickly. The major slide was just west of the tunnel at MP 109.3 of the Ashcroft Sub. At about 200 feet across and...
  7. cp1400

Cp 7009 & cp 4104

As noted by britchie in Chase BC CP 7009 and CP 4104 were westbound towards Vancouver BC on Monday Nov 5. CP 7009 is a 1958 built Fairbanks Morse H16-66 (originally Aluminum Company of America #001) and CP 4104 is a CLC model CPA16-4 built for CPR in 1954. I was able to track these units down...
  8. cp1400

3x CN SD75I on empty grainer on BNSF OT Sub.

The CN powered canola train was past Marysville, Wa on Sunday June 26 around 16:30. CN 5613 SD75I CN 2453 Dash 8-40CM CN 2652 Dash 9-44CW cp1400
  9. cp1400

WP&Y Steam Rotary Spectacle

16. Plowing up to the highway crossing at Log Cabin. 17. Conductor Craig watching the show clearing the big drift in fornt of the station at Bennett. 18. From up high the scene at Bennett. Our rider train on the left, the Bennett station, the plow working to the max, the church on the hill...
  10. cp1400

13. Taking water at Fraser BC. 14. Departing Fraser on day 4. 15. Rounding Ptarmigan Point north of Fraser. cp1400
  11. cp1400

10. In the meadow north of Summit. 11. What can I say, simply spectacular. 12. Plowing the loop track at Fraser. cp1400
  12. cp1400

7. Caterpillar D9's shaved the snow down to track level in the cut at Canadian Shed. The snow had been level with where I was standing, almost 20 ft deep. 8. Riding on the plow train on day 3. 9. After chasing on snow shoe for over a mile I was rewarded with the sun breaking through north...
  13. cp1400

4. They staged a runby for us on the river bridge at Glacier. 5. Along Dead Horse Gulch near the abandoned cantilever bridge. 6. A look at the internal rotary workings at Summit. cp1400
  14. cp1400

What can I say? Last week the White Pass & Yukon Railway ran their 1898 Cooke Locomotive and Machinery Company steam powered rotary snowplow to clear 20 miles of their narrow gauge line between Summit and Bennett. I have to say this ranks up there as the greatest steam experience I have ever...
  15. cp1400

Coors Light Silver Bullet Express

13. With the train now pointing east they backed down the Okanagan Spur to the CN station in downtown Kamloops. This station is used by Rocky Mountaineer during its summer season. 14. Hey Ladies where you going? Additional passengers and returning Tohbug participants boarded the train here...

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.