Recent content by ccaranna

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

1. ccaranna

Comment by 'ccaranna' in media 'Amtrak Cascades North'

Be better prepared. Don't stand so close, practice, and anticipate.
  2. ccaranna

Comment by 'ccaranna' in media 'Amtrak Cascades North'

I agree with crook. While it's an interesting train, it's position in the picture is too close to the left side of the frame for my taste as well.
  3. ccaranna

Comment by 'ccaranna' in media 'Pacer Stacker'

I like this, but is it level? I think the leaning poles would work if it weren't for signal tower in the background. I think the tower shows a certain off-kilter unlevelness. Otherwise, I like it!
  4. ccaranna

Comment by 'ccaranna' in media '####'

Mismatched numberboards (as long as the numbers are the same) are more common than you might think.
  5. ccaranna

Comment by 'ccaranna' in media 'Westbound Conrail UNS-25B'

I miss the little red lights on the nose. :(
  6. ccaranna

Comment by 'ccaranna' in media 'NS 9631 at Coal City'

Not a cloud in sight! Nice!
  7. ccaranna

Comment by 'ccaranna' in media 'A Jersey Classic'

I think the scheme was similar to the C&O/B&O dark enchantment blue paint job used starting around 1966 and up until the Chessie System scheme was introduced in 1972. I thought maybe I heard somewhere that there was a possibility that CNJ would wind up under the C&O/B&O umbrella...
  8. ccaranna

Comment by 'ccaranna' in media 'UP_2954'

Not trying to be a "know it all", but I think the following link is more along the lines of a glint shot. I appreciate the discussion! http://www.railroadforums.com/photos/showphoto.php?photo=4053&cat=587
  9. ccaranna

So, from what I ascertain, it's as good as the image in the link below and deserves the same rating? Not trying to be difficult, I just need some clarification. Thanks- (once again, my apologies to the photographer in the middle of this)...
  10. ccaranna

Sorry- With all due respect to the photograhper, I have to agree with the first rating posted for the reasons that it is backlit, unlevel, slightly pixelated, not very sharp, and poorly cropped. There's not a whole that could have been done from that angle, however.
  11. ccaranna

Comment by 'ccaranna' in media 'Rathole Saturday'

Absolutely sweet shot.
  12. ccaranna

Comment by 'ccaranna' in media 'Auto Racks at Sunset'

I like the color and texture.
  13. ccaranna

Comment by 'ccaranna' in media 'CN in the canyon.'

Sharp shot. Nice job.

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back