Recent content by Burlington Bob

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

1. Burlington Bob

Railroad Songs

And another one!
  2. Burlington Bob

Railroad Songs

No collection of railroad songs is complete without this!
  3. Burlington Bob

Around the IC in Central IL, 2000s

I had completely forgotten about the frog eyes! Like I said, it's been a long time since I have seen any pictures of the Paducah units. Thanks for posting that!
  4. Burlington Bob

Did, or do you ever get to Gibson City to take photos? Back in 2007 I spent four months working at Clinton Nuclear Power Station. I spent several days there and got a few photos at one of the grain elevators where they had a little Plymouth switcher that, IIRC, was painted white. I took quite...
  5. Burlington Bob

Just checked Wikipedia, turns out it is a Paducah Rebuild. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/EMD_GP11
  6. Burlington Bob

I was going by the filter intakes behind the cab. It's been awhile since I've seen any pictures of them. You may very well be right, please let me know.
  7. Burlington Bob

BNSF in Illinois

Found an empty taconite train headed north towards Galesburg waiting for a meet just south of Abingdon, IL in January, 2006. Got the OK by Track Warrant for the move to Galesburg. This was dark territory before CTC was installed. Running out of daylight as the train picks up speed.
  8. Burlington Bob

Some photos of an IC loco at the Monticello Railroad Museum in April 2015. Not sure, but it looks to be a GP10 Paducah Rebuild. Please let me know if that's not correct. I looked on the Monticello Railway Museum website and they list it as a GP11. http://www.mrym.org At the...
  9. Burlington Bob

BNSF in Illinois

Beardstown has had quite a colorful history including some wild west related stuff, Abe Lincoln and the infamous Beardstown Ladies. There are other stories that I can't vouch for the veracity of and besides, they wouldn't be appropriate for posting here. The old roundhouse is used, I just...
  10. Burlington Bob

Posting picture size and formats?

I believe the forum software will handle the sizing of any photos you post. The older software had you resize photos if they were too big. Now, everything seems to be as simple as select and post. I'm by no means what you would call computer literate and I have managed to get by. :rolleyes:
  11. Burlington Bob

BNSF in Illinois

Probably there for repairs, the repair shop is in the building to the left of the loco servicing rack in the more distant picture.
  12. Burlington Bob

BNSF in Illinois

Here's some photos of the BNSF hump yard at Galesburg taken in April, 2006.
  13. Burlington Bob

RRF Coffee Shop

Good morning America! It's 66 degrees and sunny and windy. They're calling for 50% chance of thunderstorms at 11:00 AM and continuing for a couple of days. At least I got the yard mowed yesterday and won't have to worry about that for a few days. We order our groceries online from Walmart...
  14. Burlington Bob

Baltimore & Ohio

Hey Louis, you know that last picture is a model? A very good one, though!

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back