Recent content by Beverlyhelper

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

1. Beverlyhelper

Stampede Pass Diary

Stampede Pass Diary Friday 4/11/14 Gateway Dispatcher gives track and time to MOW MP 59 to MP 71 on the Yakima Valley Sub at 0745, good until 1200 "unless the Chief comes in and tells me something different, then I'll call you back." So sounds like a slow start to the day train-wise.:( 7493E...
  2. Beverlyhelper

Stampede Pass Diary

PED with that sweet voice sends 6074E from Toppenish to West Kiona with TW 432-5 at 0154 with a "Thank you guys!" That follows with TW 432-6 to 5066E from Pomona to Toppenish at 0209. AT 0831, CREX 1345 releases TW 431-6 from East Lester to Bristol to male voice of Gateway Sub dispatcher. No...
  3. Beverlyhelper

Stampede Pass Diary

CREX 1301E through Bristol at 1157. Is this a lease unit? Dispatcher tells the signal maintainer the next train will be around 1400 at MP30, and it sounds like it went over Stampede Wye at 1209. Listening for the past hour or so, it appears the Yakima Valley Sub is plugged. I heard the...
  4. Beverlyhelper

Stampede Pass Diary

PED gives TW to 7675E Pomona to Toppenish 0352. There's one ahead of him that should be rolling up track shortly, which 9224E does at 0411 (Eburg to West Byron). PED is a very efficient and competent dispatcher, with a voice that reminds me of Reese Witherspoon or Kristin Chenowith. The other...
  5. Beverlyhelper

Stampede Pass Diary

5810E headed into Eburg at 1343. NBD says she'll head him into the siding, a "change of plans" that she'll let him know about shortly. At 1400, 5810E and NBD are engaged in discussion. "You sending us back to Pasco, over?" "That's the plan," answers NBD. "You want us to tie this down?" asks...
  6. Beverlyhelper

Stampede Pass Diary

I'm hearing a lot of traffic today on Stampede. An eastbound (4569E) just left Ellensburg, another eastbound is in the approach to Eburg, while a third is coming into Easton (1700 PDT). I haven't been active on this thread for awhile, so haven't looked back in the thread, but is this normal or...
  7. Beverlyhelper

Stampede Pass Diary

Eating before Stampede I'd recommend going on down a bit eastward to Easton for the Parkside. Great breakfasts. Take the first exit as you are going east. It's on the north side of the Interstate.
  8. Beverlyhelper

Buying a new scanner - help needed

Buying a Scanner Advice There's a great Yahoo Group, Railscan, which has had a lot of traffic recently on antennas. Worth joining and looking through back messages. Also lots of recommendations on scanners to buy.
  9. Beverlyhelper

Seattle's King Street Station restoration

That is one beautiful rehabilitation!!! Wish I was still in the area to see it. My father and I went there many times in the 50's and while the architectural features were still there, it was never so clean! :) Congrats to all on a job very well done.
  10. Beverlyhelper

Stampede Pass Diary

Stampede traffic pickup Glad to see you guys are on the task. Was just reading on NW Railfan list about the pickup in Stampede traffic due to trackwork down south: M-TACPAS1 runs six days a week, Monday-Saturday > Current schedule is via Yakima. > When M-TACPAS4 runs it's via Vancouver. One...
  11. Beverlyhelper

Kirkland WA Corridor

http://crosscut.com/2012/12/13/transportation/111952/king-county-gets-rail-business/
  12. Beverlyhelper

Stampede Pass Diary

Happy Anniversary! Or Birthday... Whatever This thread started two years ago today, and I think still ranks #1 for viewings, and perhaps postings as well. :) Thanks, all.
  13. Beverlyhelper

Stampede Pass Diary

Grinsteins Great catch of the Grinsteins, Brian. Enjoy that third day off ;) And BTW, I feel like a proud poppa that this list remains so vibrant. Over 175,000 hits so far. Thanks to you all for keeping Stampede Pass Diary alive and well. You are obviously spreading the current visual...
  14. Beverlyhelper

Wrecker in the wreck!

The Crane Wreck, Buick and Olds Portholes First off, my guess would be this wreck is on US99E. Sure looks like the right territory. Second, Olds had portholes that actually came out of the engine compartment. I think Buick's were pure cosmetic. Anyway, when I was growing up we had a nasty...
  15. Beverlyhelper

Dunsmuir, California and Surrounding Area

Dunsmuir shots IIFC, Castella is north of Dunsmuir, not south. Great photos. I now live in Portland ME, but spent many happy days covering the SP in the 80's along this route. Thanks for the memories.:)

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com