Recent content by auburnrails

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)
  1. A

Stampede Pass Diary

Bummer. It's pretty quiet without the parade of trains we've had lately. -Dave
  2. A

Stampede Pass Diary

I haven't heard anything since last night but then again I have been asleep or at the store a lot today. :-) -Dave
  3. A

Stampede Pass Diary

Tonight (Thanksgiving) it sounded like an eastbound was stopped short of the crossing at 216th between Covington and Black Diamond. I thought it was just a really quiet train passing a bit earlier but it must have just been pulling up to the crossing. Anyhow, just before 10pm there were a...
  4. A

Stampede Pass Diary

Well another one just went east at 10pm so they are still rolling hot and heavy. Ok, maybe not hot and heavy, but more than normal. -Dave
  5. A

Stampede Pass Diary

I have noticed an uptick in traffic this week though it might only be me noticing it here in Maple Valley. From roughly 8pm-11pm last night (10/6) I heard three EB's about an hour apart. I"ve heard several more since then, including one around 5pm and another around 8pm. Grain seems to be...
  6. A

Midwest Railfan Trip Suggestions

Alright, thanks for explaining that. It seemed unusual but didn't know what was up with it. -Dave
  7. A

Ok that makes sense. Thanks. :-) -Dave
  8. A

Forgot to post a picture (but will skip it since it's otherwise unnoteworthy) but I also saw an eastbound loaded coal drag that had 11 tank cars tacked on at the end after the dpu. I'd never seen that before and was wondering if this was a normal type of movement or just the UP's way of getting...
  9. A

Thanks Tom. The pic of the empty coal train curving around towards the crossing was I believe about 2 1/2 miles east of Arlington, Nebraska. I had to GoogleEarth it just now because I didn't take any notes. -Dave
  10. A

Stampede Pass Diary

I believe the gray hopper trains are empty soybean trains, though I wouldn't swear to it. I think some of those come off the PSAP at Centralia. -Dave
  11. A

Here is a short video of the Council Bluffs-bound freight at Honey Creek, Iowa. It has a brief pause in the middle which I believe is an artifact of Windows Movie Maker. https://youtu.be/PuLlv5DXpfs
  12. A

A short video of a UP eastbound near Missouri Valley (not the whole train): https://youtu.be/PGbZhgzwf7g
  13. A

Here's the link to the video of the GE Tier 4 units on an eastbound intermodal near Emporia. While passing, a westbound grain train rolls by as well. https://youtu.be/1UPYYaKf1JY -Dave
  14. A

As I said, I'll have to upload some videos and share those on here as well. I'll see if I can do that today or another day, not sure. Thanks! -Dave
  15. A

What I would say was the best consist of the trip was at Missouri Valley on Saturday as a westbound stack train stopped for a crew change:

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.