Recent content by Allegheny1600

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

1. A

Sri Lanka Railways

Thanks Poorna! No, sadly I didn’t get chance to take this train, much as I would have liked to have done. We were there for a significant birthday for my wife but she was suffering ill health so I mainly stayed close by the hotel. Thanks for posting the video of this train, it’s enjoyable...
  2. A

New member from Greece

Howdy! I am John (Edge), a Brit who lives in Greece. I’m a big fan of all railroads, real and model. I’ve travelled a bit, mainly around Europe and some of Africa but I did get to the USA once, back in 1995. I got to visit Chicago for a two day stopover then flew to LA and spent nearly three...
  3. A

Sri Lanka Railways

Hi there! I’ve just joined but I wanted to say that I had a very enjoyable holiday when I stayed at the Mount Lavinia hotel about ten years ago now. I did some train watching at the local station and took myself to the capital Columbo by train one day. That was quite an adventure! I got to see...

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back