Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

Wisconsin & Southern Railroad
WSOR Westbound Freight Train at Janesville, Wisconsin with an SD20 ( Former IC ) leading an SD40-2 ( Former UP )
Thanks Brian, Ironically I had no plans to stop here, because the weather was overcast. I had been in Proctor, Minnesota that morning & got a shot of 1 northbound limestone train on the DM&IR & not long after that the overcast moved in, so off I went on my way back home to Birmingham, Al. after a very successful 20 day vacation. I followed the CP River Sub in Eastern Minnesota & saw 5 or 6 trains in an hour or so, but unfortunately the sun never came out the entire time I was following the CP River Sub & I saw some good trains too, oh well I'll be back soon, as I still have 2 vacation days left & I plan on using them for going to Minnesota City to try & film the DM&E while filming the CP as well. Anyway, the weather cleared up not long after getting into Wisconsin, so I decided to see what I could find at Janesville, Wi. & low & behold I saw 3 trains at the yard in Janesville. I saw a westbound freight train heading toward monroe, wi. with an SD20 leading an SD40-2 & another train headed eastbound with a pair of SD40-2'S for power & while I was chasing that train I spotted another train headed westbound at Milton, wi. with a pair of SD40-2'S. Sometimes you have all the luck

Media information

Category
Central and Midwestern United States
Added by
William H. Davis Jr.
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this media

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back