Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

Sounder having a bad day
wes112

Sounder having a bad day

I was out testing my new digital and came across this scene at the site of the old coach yard a few blocks away from Tacoma,s Freighthouse Square. One of their trainsets was exiting one of the new sidings and the engine hit the dirt. One of the security guys told me it had happened around 1145 earlier today.
This is a better view
Switch point derail test completed, looks like it works just fine.

Take a look at the second photo in this thread
http://www.railroadforums.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=9797

Compare the location of the derail and the location of the derailed locomotive, then draw your own conclusion.

Yup.... Forgot the derail. But my question is. If those are power switches where was the block signal, or are they like the ones here in Portland where the DS controls them but are not protected by a true block signal.?? At least we have Point indicators hooked up here. I sure dont see any signals. Hard to miss the open point for sure. Bummers

> If those are power switches where was the block signal

The signals aren't in service on this section of track yet, probably much to the dismay of the engineer on this train.

Media information

Category
Derailments and Wrecks
Added by
wes112
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this media

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back