Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

R

Some kind of monster

HZGX 183 worked the Warman sub today, went out with a full set (6 IMS cars full of ties), came back with 3.5 empties after tucking in the Airport spur for the Southbound 630 tramp (CN 1410-1439 GMD1us with CP interchange traffic and CN 79431 PSC van).
R
Thanks - this is the one I phoned you about, Loram Railgrinder... Silly me. Not much is known about the donor, for some of its sisters it's a GP38-2, others a SW1001. Way too much power either way, the consist is 6 IMS flats with ties followed by a similar looking cab car on a flat. The rear looks like it came off a F40PH to me. Incidentally the body is very reminiscent of BBD LRC's IMHO.

Media information

Category
Maintenance of Way and Non-Revenue Cars
Added by
Romet
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this media

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)