Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

Perfect desktop-2 GMD1's and a tanker
zartok-35

Perfect desktop-2 GMD1's and a tanker

CN Vintage GMD1's 1438 and 1441 take a lone SHPX Tanker east at Riverview.
R
Vintage? They rebiuo dhtme in the 80s for a reason... Looking forward to seieng this in person! It's an 8, but the openess makes it a 9. All that flat snowy space...

Thanks, Russian! They say 1438 was built, renumbered, and rebuilt. So I guess the aren't all that vintage. But they are still some of the oldest power CN currently owns...

R
I'm sorry to dissapoint you again. With rebuilding the GP9RM's are slightly older not mention the few SW1200 series locomotives left. As for unreuilt, a few SD40's of the 60s vintage are still rolling around, not for along though. But you're right, the GMD1u's are pretty old.

True. The GP9RM's are the oldest by 1955. The SD40's are 1967 at the oldest, and the SW1200's are 1958 with the GMD1's.

Nice shot!

Just to let you know this picture is in passanger "Canada" and should be in Freight or whichever you choose

Christian

Thanks, Two-Tone! I didn't say which library the shot was going to, but i switched it to Canadian National.

Media information

Category
Canadian National
Added by
zartok-35
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this media

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back