Chicago Milwaukee St. Paul & Pacific E-7 #19B, Chicago, Illinois, February 27, 1966, photo by Chuck Zeiler
This E-7 was delivered to The Milwaukee Road on EMD Order E664 June 1946 (c/n 3242). A total of 10 E-7's were on that order (16A,B through 20A,B). Apparently, The Milwaukee modified the numberboards at some point. This locomotive was traded to EMD for new power in January 1969.
It is seen here in charge of the daily un-named Train #23, departing Chicago at 3:20PM CST, arriving in Milwaukee at 4:45PM, making only one stop enroute at Glenview.
This view also shows the preliminary demolition of the concourse of Union Station to make room for glass and steel office buildings on the air rights over the tracks. The first step was to remove the north side train sheds over the Milwaukee Road tracks, the only tenant on the north side of Union Station. This exposed waiting Milwaukee Road trains to both the elements and daylight for the first time since the station was completed in 1925.