Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

CSXT'S S&NA North Sub
CSXT Northbound Freight Train rumbles through Decatur, Al.
R
What number is that CN GP40-2L(W)? Maybe I've seen it before...

R
The closest I've caught is 9576. It sure looks good in lash-up.

This unit most likely became an RMGX unit not long after this shot, because RMGX bought & rebuilt many of the CN GP40-2L'S/GP40'S/SD40'S/GP9R'S & leased them back out to CSXT & NS. They also rebuilt alot of the BN C30-7'S as well, but I haven't seen either of these around anymore for a few years now, so I guess they're stored somewhere or leased to other railroads

R
Assuming that its CN 9574, according to the 2005 Canadian Trackside Guide, it's still on CN's roster. Many other widecab GP40-2's went south though, and never came back...
Thanks for the info.

Lead unit was built 10-1979 as NW 8063
8063-1.jpg

Became NS 8063
PICT0049.JPG

Currently MRSL 3847
AQDSC_1003.JPG

Media information

Category
Eastern United States
Added by
William H. Davis Jr.
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this media

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back