Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

In Woods And Twilight
Leased Wisconsin Central locomotive 6002 leads a train south through the twilight along Tinker's Creek on the Wheeling & Lake Erie's Cleveland Branch.
A
I wondered when we'd see more from you Rob. Nice work. You definitely like those moodier shots don't you?

Yes, I do. I was in State College, PA, this last weekend. Saturday was one of those days with light rain it was a pleasure to be out in. I had my 4x5 camera with me. I shot all the film I had for it. If it had been bright and sunny I wouldn't have shot any.

A
Interesting. You should come shoot out here some time, we get plenty of gloomy days! As for rain, what do you do to protect the camera? Plastic bag? Umbrella? Custom made raincoat?

Or shoudl we just move this over to TNS, before we get stuck in psycho-babble there? :D

Rob,
This is a fine shot and makes excellent use of inclement conditions. Those wintry trees that have been popping up in a number of members' photos over the last few weeks sure do provide wonderful opportunities for composition! The rain here provides a very pleasing muted feel to this image, nicely offset by the headlight.
Alan
Brisbane

Alan,

Thanks for the kind words! One thing, though: That's clear sky overhead. No rain, just deep twilight.

Media information

Category
Creative Photos
Added by
RobR
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this media

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back