Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

These Cats Can Swing
DelmonteX

These Cats Can Swing

Three Cats and a Swingmaster wrestle part of a prefab turnout in to position. Pop-a-wheelies are a regular occurence in this job.
The photo is of the 21st St Plant portion of the new 3rd Main through Tacoma. It was taken from the Chihuly Bridge to the Museum of Glass. From what I understand the pop-wheelies are a routine part of this type of maneuver. I'm sure Mark Gillings can comment on that.

Pop-a-wheelies are a regular occurence in this job.

And according to OSHA they are a violation that can be accompanied by heavy fines. I used to drive forklift from small to large lumber lifts and know what the rules are.

Nice shot.

Ah yes, Dock st main-1 to main-2 crossover,I have'nt seen the operator raise the back end of his loader that high in some of our previous installations.

Is one of the Cat's rear ends actually in the air?That's what it looks like to me.

Media information

Category
Editors Choice Gallery
Added by
DelmonteX
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this media

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back