Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

F40 #231 and the tower
F40PHR231

F40 #231 and the tower

The Empire Builder's loco #129 was bad-ordered, the Coast Starlight came in with 113 and 231. 231 was set out on Track 3 to be wyed and used on the Empire Builder. 113 continued to Seattle as lone power. Jan 13, 2001
Nice composition, fine light - attractive photo!

Believe it or not, it was POURING down rain on a very dark evening. The warmth of the Go By Train light, numberboards gave that nice effect.

I used long exposure to wash out the falling rain, and what I thought was going to be a crappy photo ended up being the best of all time.

Thanks for the comments -- See this link to view what I took just a minute earlier. It was indeed a NASTY evening in Portland!

http://www.f40phr231.org/gallery/archive048.jpg

Media information

Category
Amtrak and other US Passenger Trains
Added by
F40PHR231
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this media

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back