Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

Phoebe No More
One of the great engineering feats of the eastern United States was the Lackawanna Cutoff, constructed in the early 20th Century and abandoned in the 1980s. Two large concrete viaducts were constructed on the Cutoff, one spanning the Delaware River near Columbia, New Jersey, and this viaduct spanning the Paulinskill near Hainesburg, New Jersey. In this 2001 view, the Paulinskill Viaduct sits quietly, perhaps awaiting a return of passenger service by New Jersey Transit at a future date. Photo shot on Agfa Scala black & white slide film by Steve Barry.
N
Very nicely done.

The texture here is excellent. I particularly like when winter trees are given a noticable seat in railroad photographs... I think they give them that sense of nastolgia and loss of beauty--not only in railroading, but in America in General; the way the trees 'block' and keep me 'distant' from the structure is oh so very annoying LOL! (in a good way!) because I think it represents how little the general public knows about railroading and its history. I think the photographer here achieved this contrast quite well.

Media information

Category
Bridges and Trestles
Added by
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this media

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back