Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

Comin' at ya!
C

Comin' at ya!

WM #734 October 2003 on Western Maryland Scenic RR
Photo: 2003 M. Ross Valentine
Gee, I wonder if "M Ross Valentine" is any relation to "Michael Valentine? Michael has a very similiar shot in the February 2004 issue of Trains, page 32/33.

BTW, that's a fantastic railroad, if you get a change, go for a ride there! You can even get a cab ride, but be warned she's a real rough riding loco. (OK, not as bad as our Climax, but still pretty rough...)

So, is this the same person, or maybe a father and son team?

Nope- It's me, although I have not seen it yet.
The "Nose Pan" was part of a sequence. I usually go by Ross, to avoid confusion with my father, although he likes cars instead of trains :)
And your right, the WM Scenic is a great line, and the #734 is a wonderful beast! This was my first trip to the WM Scenic this fall, and the #734 has become a favorite.
-MRV

I knew I recognized that engine! This is a cool shot. And it happens to be one of my favorite trains, too. I've ridden it more than once. The photo, at first glance, looks almost as if it were of a model railroad, but it's definitely real.

Absolutely a Wonderful shot.
Not often you see photography with emotion.
Stunning!!!!!

Media information

Category
Night Photos
Added by
cinderPath
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this media

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back