Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

Burr Canyon Viaduct

Burr Canyon Viaduct

Not bad for a line that's been out of service for almost 30 years!

THis is the Burr Canyon Viaduct on the former Spokane, Portland and Seattle's Third Sub from Pasco to Spokane. I'm often asked where this specific location is, and the best answer I can give is "the middle of nowhere" since the nearest town is some 40 miles away. This shot was taken from the deck of the small cruise ship I worked on in 2001.
With some luck...perhaps you can catch a train on that bridge about this same time ! ?.....It's a TEN with or without.....

> With some luck...perhaps you can catch a train on that bridge

Uh, if you're going to wait for a train, better pack a lunch. ;)

Note the following in his description:

>> a line that's been out of service for almost 30 years!

Media information

Category
Sunrise, Sunset and Glint Photos
Added by
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this media

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back