Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

A Steamy Fall
K

A Steamy Fall

Greetings,

Well the "Friends of the #261" called it a Fall Colors Excursion. The colors were just starting to show as the Milwaukee Road #261 was blasting south after having stopped in Red Wing, MN.

The weather was perfect and Steve Sandberg was putting on a great Fall show. This shot was taken on Sunday Oct 5, 2003. As you notice on the extreme right hand of the picture there was quite a "chase que" following the big Northern.

Keith Schmidt
S
Superb Photograph*. Of the Beautiful Milwaukee Road 261. My wife and I went to Historic Union Station in Kansas City a few years back. To see this Gorgeous Steam Train! It had a Beauty all it's own. Very pretty and polished with a ......H-i-g-h Gloss Finish. We were both amazed at all the hard work the crew did also while there. To make our visit more precious and cemented in our brains of such a wonderful time together to remember forever. A Truly Magnificient Steam Locomotive....Vernon & Rene Harrison

Thanks for the nice comments. I am looking forward to seeing the #261 this summer, especially when it makes its homecoming to Milwaukee, WI in June

Keith

Media information

Category
Mainline Excursions
Added by
kschmidt626
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this media

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back