• Recent Activity Widget

DelmonteX

Sound Transit Lakewood Extension Photos

Thread Starter: DelmonteX

I thought I'd take a few minutes and post some photos I've been taking over the last couple of months. The work on the M St to Lakewood section is moving along pretty fast and is quite impressive. 1) From the Union St overpass looking North (railroad). The Birdseye lead is on the left and a...

Last Post By: Yard Limit 09-29-2016, 01:50 PM Go to last post
    ben

North Louisiana & Arkansas updates

Thread Starter: ben

any new updates on this new short line?

Last Post By: mowingman Yesterday, 05:25 PM Go to last post
    KristopherJ

King Street / Amtrak Coach Yard

Thread Starter: KristopherJ

I'm going to start a new thread because the "Seattle Construction" thread is getting too long. With the removal of the Royal Brougham crossing panels, it can't be to far off before track improvements begin. According to the WSDOT website the project is to be completed by 2011. Photo 1, the...

Last Post By: KristopherJ Yesterday, 01:06 PM Go to last post
    punchy71

Can anyone recommend a book with really good railroad maps?

Thread Starter: punchy71

Greetings, I was wondering if anyone could recommend a book or books that shows good, large and clear (in high quality print) maps of all the various different railroads in the U.S.? I have tried looking and haven't had much luck so far. I've looked on the internet and at my local library with...

Last Post By: smokemyshorts Yesterday, 06:09 PM Go to last post
    Northwest Railfan

4449 Daylight Skyfire Video Music

Thread Starter: Northwest Railfan

I've been meaning to ask this for a while: Does any one happen to know what the songs or musicians are on Skyfire's "Daylight Express" and "Steam Clouds Up the Columbia River Gorge"? I've always loved the song during the ending that I think goes: "I'm going where them chilly winds don't...

Last Post By: Shriker1 09-29-2016, 11:47 AM Go to last post
    Auendave

Chained UP?

Thread Starter: Auendave

I was driving along the tracks north of Yuba City Ca. yeasterday and saw this locomotive chained to the tracks is this unusual or not?

Last Post By: EMDGP30 Yesterday, 07:27 PM Go to last post
  • Find Us On Facebook!

• Railroad News Categories

• Categories Widget (Show All)