RailroadData.com Railroad Links Directory and Search Engine

• Recent Activity Widget

Bill Anderson

Mile Post 18 news

Thread Starter: Bill Anderson

Rather than start a new thread every time something news worthy passes by MP 18, I am going to post it on this thread. Others are welcome to post their photos here if they too see something interesting roll through Edmonds. Today a private car was attached to the rear of the eastbound Empire...

Last Post By: Bill Anderson Today, 11:22 AM Go to last post
    Bill Anderson

Pity Mile Post 17

Thread Starter: Bill Anderson

Located at the entrance to the Edmonds off leash dog beach, MP 17 has always lived in the shadow of its more glamorous and reknown older sister, MP 18.

Last Post By: Damon Hill Today, 05:38 PM Go to last post
    Itsed65

Some photos of my railfanning around the East Bay

Thread Starter: Itsed65

I live in Pinole CA, so I am pretty fortunate to live very close to some great areas to watch trains. I am constantly, if not always successfully, trying to improve my photographic skills, and with the great weather we have had lately around these parts, I have been taking a lot of pics, so I...

Last Post By: Itsed65 Today, 07:16 PM Go to last post
    jw1987

Paducah & Louisville 6/19 & 6/21/2017

Thread Starter: jw1987

A few more shots of the P&L from the past few days. PAL CC2, Clarkson,KY 6/19/2017 by Jeff Wagoner, on Flickr PAL LG1, Black Rock,KY 6/19/2017 by Jeff Wagoner, on Flickr PAL LG1, Summit,KY 6/21/2017 by Jeff Wagoner, on Flickr PAL LG1, Clarkson,KY 6/21/2017 by Jeff Wagoner, on Flickr PAL...

Last Post By: brad_in_omaha Today, 10:10 AM Go to last post
  • Welcome to RailroadForums.com

Welcome to RailroadForums.com!

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, from the latest developments in today's railroading to the early days of railroading.

RailroadForums.com has plenty of useful features including the ability to subscribe to threads, post private messages, add graphics and enhanced text to your messages, be notified of replies, avatars (a small graphic image), user signatures, buddy and ignore lists and more! All features are free, and there are no pop-up ads or other annoyances. Best of all, you get them for free, with no membership fees ever!
  • Recent Forum Posts

RSS Feed

Union Pacific Embraces Workforce of the Future, Encouraging Millennials to Embrace Sk

America's workforce is at a critical junction. At the same time automation is displacing traditional factory workers, baby boomers are retiring in increasing

RSS Feed Today, 08:50 PM Go to last post
    Itsed65

Some photos of my railfanning around the East Bay

Always GE's out here

BNSF 5091 at Christie by lennycarl08, on Flickr

Itsed65 Today, 07:16 PM Go to last post
    Damon Hill

Pity Mile Post 17

The Talgo trainsets are jointly owned by Washington and Oregon state DOTs; Amtrak operates them. Also, the new Siemens Charger locomotives; 8 units.

Damon Hill Today, 05:38 PM Go to last post
    CGW101c

Pity Mile Post 17

Many years ago I had the pleasure of riding on the platform of an observation car on the way to a football game in Lincoln, NE. What a great ride. Ahhh!

CGW101c Today, 03:10 PM Go to last post
    papio

UP 844 Jun 14 2017

A couple of shots as she makes her way to the display site.

papio Today, 03:03 PM Go to last post
    Bill Anderson

Pity Mile Post 17

I believe the Cascades is an Amtrak train (Amtrak appears on the equipment) that receives some funding from the states of Oregon and Washington. I think

Bill Anderson Today, 11:25 AM Go to last post
    Bill Anderson

Mile Post 18 news

Just kick back on the "back porch" with your favorite adult beverage in hand and leave the driving to Amtrak.

Bill Anderson Today, 11:22 AM Go to last post
    brad_in_omaha

Mile Post 18 news

Nice catch. It would be so cool to travel on a private passenger car at then end of a train like that.

brad_in_omaha Today, 10:14 AM Go to last post
    brad_in_omaha

Pity Mile Post 17

Is Cascades owned by Amtrak or do they just use their locomotives from time to time?

brad_in_omaha Today, 10:12 AM Go to last post
    brad_in_omaha

Paducah & Louisville 6/19 & 6/21/2017

Nice photos. I had dinner at a brewery in Paducah last fall on my way to Nashville. I wish I would have made time to find this railroad.

brad_in_omaha Today, 10:10 AM Go to last post
    Bill Anderson

Mile Post 18 news

After the Builder left Edmonds, I picked it up with the 5DIII + 500L + 1.4x TC.

Bill Anderson Today, 09:22 AM Go to last post
    Bill Anderson

Mile Post 18 news

That afternoon my son and I hit Brackett's Landing fully armed with the 5DIII + 500L + 1.4x TC, the 7DII + 100-400L II telephoto zoom, and the 7D + 17-35L

Bill Anderson Today, 09:19 AM Go to last post
  • Find Us On Facebook!

• Railroad News Categories

• Categories Widget (Show All)