RailroadData.com Railroad Links Directory and Search Engine

• Recent Activity Widget

Beverlyhelper

Stampede Pass Diary

Thread Starter: Beverlyhelper

I've been posting almost daily reports on traffic over Stampede Pass for awhile over on the Truth or Rumor - Stampede Pass and it's been suggested I move my reports over here with its own thread. So here I be. I can hear trains from about MP124 to Stampede, and the Pasco East dispatcher...

Last Post By: Yakima Railfan Yesterday, 09:57 PM Go to last post
    Itsed65

Some photos of my railfanning around the East Bay

Thread Starter: Itsed65

I live in Pinole CA, so I am pretty fortunate to live very close to some great areas to watch trains. I am constantly, if not always successfully, trying to improve my photographic skills, and with the great weather we have had lately around these parts, I have been taking a lot of pics, so I...

Last Post By: Itsed65 Today, 12:58 PM Go to last post
    USSHelm

Tales of the Meridian Speedway

Thread Starter: USSHelm

Over the past two weeks I've gotten an ATCS monitoring system operational. Radio Shack Pro-97 and a Larsen UHF whip on my trunk. This has saved a lot of time hunting down the spotty traffic here on the Speedway. After seeing what Bill Anderson has done with the Seattle area at MPs 17 and 18, and...

Last Post By: USSHelm Today, 10:59 AM Go to last post
    K-Pack

BNSF Yakima Valley Sub questions

Thread Starter: K-Pack

Hi guys, I'm not sure if this is the right subsection for this question but here it goes anyways. I'm relatively new to the Yakima Valley area and have become interested in modeling BNSF's Yak Sub operations in HO scale. I've learned quite a bit by researching and trackside watching on the rare...

Last Post By: Yakima Railfan Yesterday, 09:06 PM Go to last post
    Tysim4

Electric Train power backup?

Thread Starter: Tysim4

Hi, I was wondering if there are systems in place in the event of a large scale power outage or blackout, for electric trains to get their power and continue running apart from the grid? Thanks

Last Post By: BNSFEng Yesterday, 12:16 PM Go to last post
  • Welcome to RailroadForums.com

Welcome to RailroadForums.com!

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, from the latest developments in today's railroading to the early days of railroading.

RailroadForums.com has plenty of useful features including the ability to subscribe to threads, post private messages, add graphics and enhanced text to your messages, be notified of replies, avatars (a small graphic image), user signatures, buddy and ignore lists and more! All features are free, and there are no pop-up ads or other annoyances. Best of all, you get them for free, with no membership fees ever!
  • Recent Forum Posts

USSHelm

Tales of Tower 17

I got out at 0600 yesterday morning and caught 2 EB trains on the UP Glidden sub. Went home, and got back out at 1630 to catch WB traffic. Here are some

USSHelm Today, 10:33 PM Go to last post
    USSHelm

Tales of Tower 17

Back home in Texas after wrapping up freshman year at LA Tech. I live in Richmond, which is next door to Rosenberg, a crossroads for KCS, UP, and BNSF.

USSHelm Today, 10:04 PM Go to last post
    Itsed65

Some photos of my railfanning around the East Bay

Empty coal drag from my neighborhood heading back to Utah at Patrick NV. These trains waste no time crossing the desert on the Nevada Sub.

Itsed65 Today, 12:58 PM Go to last post
    USSHelm

Tales of the Meridian Speedway

Back home in Texas, but I've got a few photos left from earlier this year from the tracks inside Tech.

Grab shot. KCS 4605 trailing a unit

USSHelm Today, 10:59 AM Go to last post
    RSS Feed

Union Pacific Plans to Invest $49 Million in its Missouri Rail Infrastructure

Union Pacific is boosting safety and efficiency with an approximately $49 million infrastructure investment in Missouri this year.

More...

RSS Feed Today, 09:26 AM Go to last post
    spbed

Video of a WB UPRR Coal Train Arriving @ North Platte NE

Video of a WB UPRR Coal train arriving @ North Platte NE

Below is the link to the video

https://youtu.be/4hakEntXXA0

spbed Today, 06:36 AM Go to last post
    Yakima Railfan

Stampede Pass Diary

Thanks Kevin I appreciate it! I needed that link to the railradio that will be a big help! And I've chased the CBRW multiple times in that area. Normally

Yakima Railfan Yesterday, 09:57 PM Go to last post
    K-Pack

Stampede Pass Diary

Dave, most of the traffic on these subs is Eastbound empty grain. There are some empty coal and some empty oil thrown in there. A few times there have

K-Pack Yesterday, 09:32 PM Go to last post
    Yakima Railfan

Stampede Pass Diary

Hey guys, I know this is kinda late but I am wondering if you would know more information about what happens on the stampede sub and Yakima Valley subdivisions.

Yakima Railfan Yesterday, 09:07 PM Go to last post
    Yakima Railfan

BNSF Yakima Valley Sub questions

Hey guys, I know this is kinda late but I am wondering if you two would know more information about what happens on the stampede sub and Yakima Valley

Yakima Railfan Yesterday, 09:06 PM Go to last post
    RSS Feed

Intermodal gate hours for Memorial Day, May 29th, 2017 now available

Intermodal gate hours for Memorial Day, May 29th, 2017 now available.

More...

RSS Feed Yesterday, 12:39 PM Go to last post
    BNSFEng

Electric Train power backup?

Exactly. NO power they are stuck until a diesel can come rescue them. That includes most lighting and all heating/air conditioning being gone. Battery

BNSFEng Yesterday, 12:16 PM Go to last post
  • Find Us On Facebook!

• Railroad News Categories

• Categories Widget (Show All)